caArray 2.5.0 is released
NCI CBIIT is pleased to announce the release of caArray 2.5 and the deployment of the system at NCI CBIIT, https://array.nci.nih.gov. This release contains the following enhancements:
- Improved large data support
- Large datasets can now be imported together - it is no longer necessary to split large imports into smaller subsets.
- Large datasets can be uploaded easily via multiple file selection, drag and drop. (not supported in Internet Explorer)
- Audit logging of sample and data additions and deletions
- Ability to restrict access to samples based on sample characteristics
- Support for automatic refresh of experiments from caIntegrator by providing information about sample and data changes.
- Ability to configure single sign-on between caArray and caIntegrator.
- Improved file storage: Uploaded files are now stored on the file system instead of in the database.
- A plugin architecture allowing the user community to develop and deploy parsers for new data types easily.
- Major technology upgrades: Jboss 5.1, Java 6, caGrid v1.5, Struts 184.108.40.206, and NCI build-and-deploy infrastructure (NCI Nexus repository, AntHill Pro 3, BDALite).
In addition, this release includes several important bug fixes including ARRAY-1342 (A collaborator cannot see files in the "Uploaded" state even with read-write permissions to the experiment).
For a complete listing of items addressed in this release and known issues, please see the Release Notes https://gforge.nci.nih.gov/frs/shownotes.php?release_id=4343.
For groups interested in installing caArray 2.5 locally, the full installation package, as well as an upgrade installer, are available at https://gforge.nci.nih.gov/frs/?group_id=305.
The user guide, installation guide, technical guide, and API guide are available as wiki pages at the following URLs
caArray 2.5 User's Guide: https://wiki.nci.nih.gov/x/LBo9Ag
caArray 2.5 Installation Guide: https://wiki.nci.nih.gov/x/H5iTAw
caArray 2.5 Technical Guide: https://wiki.nci.nih.gov/x/kAA2Ag
caArray 2.5 API Guide: https://wiki.nci.nih.gov/x/Jg-RB