caIntegrator 1.4 is released
NCI CBIIT is pleased to announce the release of caIntegrator 1.4 and the deployment of the system at NCI CBIIT, https://caintegrator.nci.nih.gov/ .
This release contains the following enhancements:
- Automatic refresh of data between caIntegrator and caArray: For an existing study in caIntegrator, an option was added to check for automatic data updates from caArray. The Study Manager will see a notification that there are new data available for deployment and be given an option to use the new data and redeploy the study or keep the study as it is.
- Role-based security: The Study Manager will be able to assign multiple levels of security for users based on the data privacy rules of the study. Data access can be controlled at the level of annotation, sample, and genomic data source.
- Single sign-on: Local installers will have the ability to configure single sign-on between caArray and caIntegrator.
- Better version control: A Study Manager will be able to copy a study, create a new study, and archive a study.
- Major technology upgrades: Jboss 5.1, Java 6, caGrid v1.5, Struts 126.96.36.199, and NCI build-and-deploy infrastructure (NCI Nexus repository, AntHill Pro 3, BDALite).
For a complete list of new features, items addressed in this release, and known issues, see the Release Notes at https://wiki.nci.nih.gov/x/XgPgB
For groups interested in installing caIntegrator 1.4 locally, the full installation package and an upgrade installer are available at http://gforge.nci.nih.gov/frs/?group_id=507
The user guide, installation guide, and caIntegrator Bioconductor installation guide are available as wiki pages at the following URLs:
caIntegrator 1.4 User's Guide
caIntegrator 1.4 Installation Guide
caIntegrator Bioconductor Installation Guide