Life Sciences Domain Analysis Model (LS DAM) v2.2.2 available
The National Cancer Institute's Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology announced the release of the caBIG® Life Sciences Domain Analysis Model (LS DAM) v2.2.2. The LS DAM provides a shared view of semantics for the Life Sciences domain, which includes hypothesis-driven basic and pre-clinical research as well as discovery science.
The changes to the LS DAM in this release are described in the Release Summary and include
- Changes to the Experiment Core for clearer alignment with the ISA-TAB standard and to address feedback from HL7 Clinical Genomics Work Group collaborators
- Deletion of several classes determined not to be in scope of the model
- Addition of an LS DAM Users Guide
- Report and models from an LS DAM Ontological Representation Pilot project
For a complete list of modifications and additions to the LS DAM v 2.2.2, please see the Release Summary and Change List. For an exemplar on how the Experiment Core of the LS DAM could be instantiated to support a sample scenario, please see the Experiment Implementation Guide.
The LS DAM v2.2.2 model is available in two formats:
- An Enterprise Architect file may be downloaded LS DAM v 2.2.2 EA file
- A web based view of the model is also available using Internet Explorer LS DAM v2.2.2 HTML
For more information on the LS DAM, see the LS DAM Wiki page.